Market Monday - 10 Tips and Tricks for Getting the Most Out of Your Rebel Junk Experience!
Our first home market of the year is coming up THIS WEEK! We are so excited to be back home in Coeur d'Alene, ID at the Kootenai County Fairgrounds!!! The vendor presence this year is so strong, which means YOU have a great shot at finding some seriously wonderful treasures! Here are a few tips and tricks to help you navigate your trip to Rebel Junk:
1. Get your Early Bird Tickets! Purchasing your tickets online for Friday evening has a few benefits you won't want to miss. First, you get in 30 minutes early - 5:30pm instead of 6pm on Friday evening - as opposed to buying at the door (which you can absolutely do!). Also, most vendors stock their booth with unique and often one of a kind pieces. A little head start means you get first shot at all the goods! And finally, your Friday ticket ALSO covers your Saturday admission, so you can fill up on Friday and come back for more the next day all on the same ticket!
2. Get loosely inspired! Scour social media sites like Pinterest, or your favorite blogs and magazines for home decor looks you love. Rather than focusing on exact pieces, find the elements you want to incorporate. You may not find the exact same galvanized planter or painted armoire, but you may find pieces in similar colors, materials, and textures that will give your home the feel you want.
3. Bring a friend! Junking is ALWAYS more fun with a friend, sister, daughter, mom, or all of the above! Not only will you have a second (or third, fourth, fifth) opinion, but you'll have extra hands for carrying your treasures!
4. Make your list and check it twice! Before you leave for the market, measure any spaces you're hoping to decorate. Windows, walls, rooms, and doors - measure them if you even think you MIGHT find something to put there! Most often, pieces you find at a market are yours to keep once they're bought, so you'll want to know that you can fit them in the door!
5. Bring a collapsible cart or large bag. You'll want your hands free, and by using something that breaks down, you won't take up too much truck space! Along the same lines, be sure to find the Holding Area and loading zone for all your larger pieces - most vendors will be able to point you in the right direction, or you can ask at the front door and we'll be happy to guide you! (I was going to recommend bringing your commercial semi to haul away your finds, but realized that might be impractical for some...)
6. Wear comfortable shoes. This is a tough one for me, because the extent of my shoe collection is legendary. I'm the first one to wear inappropriately gorgeous shoes basically all the time. But you're going to want to spend hours wandering the aisles of dozens upon dozens of booths, and with unpredictable weather, there's bound to be some mud. Save your feet and go for the old faithfuls, trust me!
7. Put on those rose-colored glasses! This is SO not the place to worry about a ding, a dent, a scratch, or a color you don't love. My friend, this is the place to find potential, see beyond the dirt, and into the heart of every piece. Found a great purple desk that would be gorgeous in white? Don't worry, Rebel Junk Paint comes in a beautiful Ice Cream color to hook you up with a project day!
8. Get ready to make friends! Each and every vendor has an individual business, background, and style. Take a moment to chat it up with them - you may learn some fun info about your finds, and you'll absolutely meet some of the coolest people ever!
9. Get ready to make friends! Yup, that's on there twice! Our customers are amazing, guys. We have met some of the most incredible human beings at this market. And the best part is, they all share a love of the hunt, vintage finds, rusty goodies, and community-driven markets. It just doesn't get better!
10. Come baaaaaaack! We open our markets both Friday and Saturday for a reason! Many vendors end Friday evening with a mostly empty booth, and come back and restock on Saturday morning. You'll want to plan to be there both days for the best chance at all the goodies. And don't forget: that Friday ticket gets you in both days!
We'll see you all on Friday and Saturday at the Kootenai County Fairgrounds in Coeur d'Alene! Stop by and say hello - we want to meet you!